I'm getting more excited about going to India this summer. On saturday, we went to little India to get a little taste of the culture. I really enjoyed being with my group because we are all very unconventional. We don't do traditional scavenger hunts very well. Also while we were there, these people tried to "evangelize" us. It was such a lesson in what not to do. At no point did anyone ask us a personal question about ourselves. If they had they might have found out that we were already Chrisitains, already pretty involved in church, not even from that area. But instead they handed us tracts, and prayed for us.
After that we went and watched "Jab we met". This was one of the funniest romantic comedies I've ever seen. It was about an hour too long, but it was incredibly funny. Then we had this really intense discussion with one of my teammates parents. They pretty much wanted to know our motivation for going on this trip. It was really good and hard, but I definitely think it's neccessary to be forced to explain why our Christianity compells us to do some of the things we do.
One thing I find interesting is when people give me advice on things they know nothing about. For instance, yesterday I got on my bike to ride home and I had a bag over my shoulder. This woman then tells me you'll never be ride home like that. My response, I rode like this for two days. What's funny is that I rode 3 miles on Saturday with a printer on my back and a bag on my shoulder. I just laughed to myself and id what I had to. The sad thing about all this bike riding is I don't think I'm saving any money.
No comments:
Post a Comment