Sunday, April 20, 2008
Poverty Simulation
This weekend I took part in my first poverty simulation and I enjoyed it. Loved it. We stayed at the Compton Salvation Army and were "homeless". This meant everything was taken from us except our clothes and sleeping bags. Oh yeah, since we were homeless we had to sleep outside. I slept pretty well although it was a bit cold. One day we had to go find lunch with no money. Let's just say this was a different kind of scavenger hunt and I was able to find aluminum cans(I'm passionate about recycling) and money to eat lunch. But overall i don't think they made us suffer enough. If you want us to feel truly homeless, there should be no meals provided. I heard that in some simulations they make you get clothes from the Salvation Army, and they take away your shoes!! Another reason why it was easy for me, is because we were with such a huge group of people. I don't mind sleeping outside with 20 other people!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment