Thursday, April 17, 2008

Google Reader

I found out about Google Reader about one year ago. I'm actually trying it out and it's pretty cool.

Anyways I found this blog that talks about saving money from a young person's perspective. Really interesting. But another thing that's cool is that his blog is very focused on saving and making money. All the work he's done on that blog has transferred easily into a book by the same title. Plus, he's built up a natural audience. So in addition to trying to write every day, I also need to try and focus my blog.

Oh yeah the real reason I wanted to post a second time in one day was to talk about education. I am kind of distressed that our governor wants to cut funding to the UC and community college system. At the same time we are facing huge cuts in school districts throughout the state. And yet our mayor is planning on raising taxes to hire more police. I think police are very important. But I think education is equally important in providing chances for people to learn from others and creating more job opportunities. I hope that we find somebody that takes education more seriously and that we are willing to do whatever it takes to improve our education system. Even pay more taxes.

No comments: